Non-woven fabric has the characteristics of moisture resistance, breathability, flexibility, light weight, non-combustible, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, rich in color, low price, recyclable, etc. Polypropylene (PP) pellets are mostly used as raw materials , It is produced by continuous one-step method of high temperature melting, spinning, steel laying, and hot pressing coiling.
The advantages of non-woven fabrics:
1. Lightweight: Polypropylene resin is the main raw material for production, with a specific gravity of only 0.9, only three-fifths of that of cotton. It is fluffy and feels good.
2. Softness: It is composed of fine fibers and formed by light spot hot melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
3. Spilling water and breathing: Polypropylene slices are non-absorbent and have zero water content. The finished product has good water repellency. It is composed of 100% fiber with porosity, good air permeability and dry cloth surface.
4. Non-toxic and non-irritating: It is produced using FDA food-grade raw materials, does not contain other chemical ingredients, has stable performance, is non-toxic and non-odorous, and does not irritate the skin.
5. Antibacterial property: Polypropylene is a chemically inactive substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid; antibacterial, alkali-resistant and corrosion-resistant, the finished product does not affect the strength due to erosion.
6. In terms of environmental protection, the raw material used for most non-woven fabrics is polypropylene, and the raw material for plastic bags is polyethylene. Although the two substances have similar names, the chemical structures are far from each other. The chemical molecular structure of polyethylene is quite stable and extremely difficult to degrade, so the plastic bag takes 300 years to decompose, while the chemical structure of polypropylene is not strong, and the molecular chain can be easily broken, which can be effectively degraded And enter the next environmental cycle in a non-toxic form, a non-woven shopping bag can be completely decomposed within 90 days. Moreover, non-woven shopping bags can be reused more than 10 times, and the environmental pollution after disposal is only 10% of the plastic bags.
Disadvantages of non-woven fabrics:
1. Compared with woven cloth, the strength and durability are poor;
2. Can not be cleaned like other fabrics;
3. The fibers are arranged in a certain direction, so it is easy to split from the right angle direction.